双语美文:有人夸我的裙子很美

I am a dark skinned girl living in a country

我是一个有着深色皮肤的女孩,在我生活的地方

which places white skinned people on a pedestal

浅色皮肤的人都被奉若神明

and looks down on people with even slightly dark skin tone.

而那些深色皮肤的人,哪怕肤色只是略微深暗,也会遭到鄙夷

Since I am very dark skinned,

由于我的皮肤颜色十分深暗

I tend to avoid wearing bright colors like white and yellow

我时常会避免那些明亮的色调,比如白色或者黄色

because they make me look even more darker.

因为这些颜色会让我看起来更加黝黑

However, I wore a white blouse today

可是,今天我却穿着一件白色的衬衣

which I bought because it was so pretty

之所以买下它,是因为它太好看了

that I just couldn't pass it up.

让我不得不为它驻足

I thought that even if it may not look good on me,

我想,即使这件衬衣不会衬托得我更加美丽

it's still a good looking top

它本身也足够好看了

and so I just wore it to work.

于是我穿着它去上班了

And a co-worker complimented me!

没想到,同事居然夸赞了我!

She said "That top is really cute

她说,“这件衬衣真好看”

and White looks awesome on you!"

“你很适合穿白色的衣服!”

I turned into a puddle.

我立刻哭成了泪人儿

I am feeling good about myself ever since.

从那之后,我开始有了自信

The point is,

这件事让我知道

Don't be so insecure

别让心中的不安全感控制自己

that you might miss something good!

不然你可能会错过十分宝贵的东西!

文章来源:沪江英语

图片来源:高品图像

仓鼠个性小程序
留下评论